Wednesday 20 January 2010

BRUNA KAZINOTI: TALK, TALK, TALK



Photographer Bruna Kazinoti is based between Split and Zagreb in Croatia, and has published her work in magazines including Tank, Useless, Oyster, Nylon and Dazed & Confused among others. Refusing to shoot digital, she creates tender images, which almost oscillate between psychological portraiture and fashion snaps.



Do you remember the first picture you ever took? Maybe not the first, but one of my first images was a picture of my dog. It was black and white and I developed it myself on my first photography course back in Split. Now that I mention it, I remember the guy, older guy, who was a teacher there stinking like some old people and looking a bit like a pervert! It wasn't really a nice course.

What inspires you? Mostly the street but also books, movies and stories.

What makes you happy? Photography, my boyfriend, Niccolo Ammaniti, my town.

What makes you sad? Photography, my boyfriend, Niccolo Ammaniti (when not translated to Croatian), my town.



Your top 5 movies for a rainy day? I mostly fall a sleep at the beginning of every movie. But the one I loved as kid and that I still is "LA BOUM" from 1987.

If you could have dinner with any person who would it be? God.

What are you most scared of? Young death.

What did you dream of last night? That there were no people around.





What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? I am still waiting for one.

What's your favourite youtube video at the moment?

A Swiss soldier who dances like Michael Jackson.



Thank you Bruna!

All photos by Bruna Kazinoti

www.brunakazinoti.com

No comments:

Post a Comment